Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"Up To No Good" challenge follow up....



Up to no good, you can say that again! It's been more then a year and I haven't gotten back to you all about this challenge.  A friend and I gave each other a challenge of going into a very junky- junk store and buying what ever struck our fancy and then creating a wearable work of art from our finds. Well at least I finished it.  The necklace has been created for some time now, using the elements that were purchased from this store which is one of my favorite local haunts.   The necklace had some issues as the brass ring that I was using just didn't want to cooperate. I had tried to use the ring cut up into several pieces then linked together with jump rings. Finally I got my noggin screwed on right and added the chain and only used part of the ring. A small cheat as this wasn't from the store but it improved the necklace tremendously.

The name of the challenge was called up to no good because it felt like fun rather then work.  There were many aspects to this challenge that made it fun. My favorite part of the challenge was to find beauty in what seemed to be discarded.  I also liked how there are hidden messages in things if you are open and tuned in.  While digging around in card board boxes (mind you nothing is priced and randomly laid out)  I found a bunch of old military buttons and long out dated Missouri tax tokens. Amongst these rusty dusties there was one tiny silver medal that read "MY OWN SELF AT MY VERY BEST ALL THE TIME."  A tall order to follow indeed, but something worth striving for.  

Upon these discoveries and the final completion of this necklace I will call it a  talisman and wear it with pride, dignity and  honor.



No comments:

Post a Comment