Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy Things


Typically this is the time of year I get the blues.  When the days are short and colorless.  The darkness creeps into my soul - cold and foreboding.  There's so much to do but unfortunately the motivation is just not there.  Dry chapped hands  long for spring, to touch and smell the dirt again. Out in the yard is where I want to be hearing the birds sing their happy songs sounds good to me.

Never fear I have chosen to fill my heart, my stomach, my eyes, my camera, my lap and pockets with shiny happy things today and this is what I have to show and tell.






Here's a place to stop and wonder ..... where whimsy wins if you let it in.





A cat named Diego will be your friend.



He'll tickle you with his whiskers and most likely make you grin!




With a little bit of dusting off, old things seem new again.



DooDas! will make you smile.




Don't forget the Portobello mushrooms  down the isle.







Now I am in the mood to spice things up!





 How boring our lives would be with out the many flavors that season our world with diversity.




All of this fun and mischief makes for a good nap during  the  dead of winter,  on a colorful Saturday in Kansas City.





All of these pictures except the last one were taken today out and about and at home.  The DooDa! is handmade by Leah S. DeCapio and was given to me for an art exchange.  I love it ~ Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. This post is MOST impressive. Nice camera work. The second pic of Diego is hilarious! That cat knows how to RELAX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including me in your collection!

    --Leah (DooDa maker!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun pics - Diego is a hoot! What a nice addition to the family he is...such a friendly little cat.

    They pixie swinging in the tree is so unusual - I haven't see that one. I enjoyed out day out and about...it was so nice to spend some time with you...

    ReplyDelete