Thursday, May 7, 2009

Art and the Gypsy Garden


This wonderful birdbath was made for me and my husband as a wedding present by my artist friend Teri Rule. We call ourselves the happy go lucky artists. I know that sounds like a oxymoron  but that's probably why we like it. The bird bath sits low to the ground and every now and then my cat wanders by to get a sip of fresh water from it. 






 THE GYPSY GARDEN

A few years ago  my friend Julie and I came up with the phrase Gypsy Garden.  Maybe we weren't the first to say it and we'll probably not be the last, but we sure have had a lot of fun with it. Julie owns a really fun shoppe called Gardenology, this is where we have Gypsy Garden Festivals. We dress  gypsy chic and sell all kinds of handmade repurposed garden ornaments and jewelry, using things around the house.To me Gypsy Garden represents freedom of creativity on fertile grounds.  A place full of whimsy and beauty with out the highbrow stigma or price. I've  always had a little bit of gypsy or Bohemian taste in me it seems to fit my lifestyle. I guess you could say I am not a very formal person. I never have been one for stuffy pretenses.   I try to carry this throughout my own garden, art,teachings,  clothes and home. It's an aesthetic, earthy, exotic and sensual.
 

Here is a photo of the potting bench compliments of Gardenology (I traded Julie a homemade mosaic bird bath for it) Julie made the GYPSY GARDEN stone for me I embellished it.

1 comment:

  1. A post after my own heart...with the birdbath!

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you are having a wonderful Mother's day....I am not sure if you are a mom, but if so, its your day and I hope you enjoy.....

    Your blog is very creative, I think I'll have a look around....

    ReplyDelete