Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Quilt



A few years ago, I was feeling particularly overwhelmed. I had recently gotten married and my life was changing all around me. Let's just say I hadn't acclimated yet.  I decided to go see a friend of mine, Avis the art therapist .  After pouring my soul out to her about my artist angst ridden ways, she said to me.
 " You know Marcy life is like a great big quilt and all the patches represents different parts of your life. You're focusing on one patch right now. Focus on the whole quilt and all the beauty within it."  So now when I get myself in a twit I think about quilts and I wrap my self  up in the beauty of them, it's a comforting thing.

2 comments:

  1. hi Marcella !! thanks for the visit on my blog , it means a lot for me.
    life is like a big quilt... the idea of compare life and quilt is new for me , but it is perfect ,thanks your friend Avis for me.i spent many time of my life focusing on one patch too.but after see the whole thing ,i prefer to re-start fron zero. this what i am doing.
    the pictures are lovely , and the white window with a green landscape is something special....
    thau bela!!! and dont forget to post more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcella ~ Thank you for sharing the story of the quilt with me and thank you for your friendship.

    Gal Pal

    ReplyDelete